JOINT STATEMENT FROM ALL LOCAL UNIONS
HOLDING CONTRACTS WITH A&P OR ANY OF ITS BANNERS
BASED UPON THE MEETING HELD 6/17/2015
As Leaders of your Local Unions, we are aware that rumors continue to circulate among our members concerning the potential sale of some or all of the A&P stores.
Together we are working diligently to provide you with accurate information as soon as possible and will continue to do so throughout this process, which we expect will continue at least through July.
On Wednesday, June 17th, representatives from all UFCW and RWDSU/UFCW Local Unions met with the professionals who are assisting us. During that meeting we learned:
• There is no financial crisis currently with the A&P Company.
• The Company is accepting bids for stores, but has sufficient capital to operate the stores into the future.
• No certain buyer or buyers have been agreed upon.
• A&P will continue business as usual while they gauge the interest of the potential buyers.
• All of our Union protections remain in place, and the Company has acknowledged their obligations under our Collective Bargaining Agreements.
• When a buyer or buyers are positively identified, your Union Leaders will meet with the new buyer.
This has been a very long, difficult road for our members and their families, but we have navigated through these trying times by remaining united, and our strength is in remaining united.
Be assured that your Local Unions will regularly communicate with their members. In addition, Local 464A Representatives will be in the stores to help answer questions.